For a limited time, Family Tree DNA is offering Family Finder Transfers for $49, reduced from the normal cost of $99.
The Family Finder Transfer program gives those who have taken an autosomal DNA test with Ancestry.com or 23andMe the ability to import their autosomal DNA results to Family Tree DNA.
According to the website, purchasers of the Family Finder Transfer program receive:
- A myFTDNA 2.0 account (personal page), if a new customer;
- Autosomal DNA results uploaded to and stored on Family Tree DNA’s servers;
- Matching to all autosomal Family Finder results in our matching database;
- Ethnic origins results from our Population Finder program; and
- All standard tools and pages associated with the autosomal Family Finder test and the Population Finder program.
The uploaded files are batched once a week then run through the conversion program, and results typically take between 6-10 weeks based on volume. Customers are notified by e-mail when their results are available.
Why Transfer Your Results to FTDNA?
If you’ve already tested at Ancestry.com or 23andMe, you might wonder if there are any benefits to transferring your results to Family Tree DNA.