Kimberly Powell of About.com:Genealogy recently posted “10 Genealogy Blogs Worth Reading.” I was honored to see that I was included as one of those blogs, along with some outstanding company. The others are:
1. Genea-Musings – “Randy’s musings bring out the genealogist in all of us…”
2. The Genealogue – “His unique brand of genealogy humor puts a special spin on just about everything genealogy…” I was saddened to hear that The Genealogue is on temporary hiatus as the author deals with a family situation. I wish Chris and his family all the best and look forward to his return.
3. Ancestry Insider – “…provides the “insider” point of view you won’t easily find elsewhere.”
4. Creative Genealogy – “Through this blog she brings something new to family history enthusiasts…”
5. Genealogy Blog – “Topics run the gamut from genealogy news, press releases and new products, to research techniques and highlights from other blog posts around the Internet.:
6. Think Genealogy – “His blog is an interesting, thought provoking outlet for his thinking about genealogy and genealogy software.”
7. The Practical Archivist – “She writes about archival-safe products and organizing family photos and memorabilia, with plenty of random research and preservation tips sprinkled in.”
8. Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter – “News, reviews and a wealth of insightful commentary on various technologies as they relate to genealogy are the hallmark of Dick Eastman’s blog, read regularly by almost every genealogist I know.”
9. Boston 1775 – “The eclectic content covers New England during the time just before, during and after the Revolutionary War…”
The article also mentioned a number of other fantastic blogs, almost all of which I read on a regular basis (and more that I will probably be adding soon)! They include:
- Dear Myrtle by Pat Richley.
- 24-7 Family History Circle featuring Juliana Smith, Michael John Neill and Maureen Taylor.
- Geneablogie by Craig Mason.
- Rootdig by Michael John Neill.
- Family Oral History Using Digital Tools by Susan Kitchens.
- Walking the Berkshires by Tim Abbott.
- Genealogy Reviews Online by Tim Agazio.
- Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi by Terry Thornton.
- AnceStories by Miriam Robbins. Family Matters by Denise Olson.
- Tracing the Tribe by Shelly Talalay Dardashti.