I’ve decided to join the 2008 Genea-Blogger Group Games (see here for more info).Â I’m a little late, but the organizers have decided to allow entrants until tonight at 9:00pm PDT.Â The Opening Ceremonies were held on Friday.Â I’m hoping to put a genetic genealogy twist on my entries, if possible, to highlight how genetics can augment traditional genealogical research.
The categories I plan to participate in are:
- Back Up Your Data!
- A. Prepare a comprehensive backup plan for your digital research files and a security plan for your hard copies and photos
- C. Backup all your data using a flash drive, an external drive, CDs, DVDs, or an online resource
- E. All your data is backed up digitally and secured physically and you can recover from any disaster while losing only one month or less worth of research
- Write, Write, Write!
- B. Participate in a genealogy or family history related blog carnival. See the AnceStories post “August Is…” (http://ancestories1.blogspot.com/2008/08/august-is.html) for a list of these carnivals and their submission URLs and deadlines.
- D. Write a brief biographical sketch on one of your ancestors.
- E. Sign up to host a future carnival
- Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!
- A. Comment on a new (to you) genea-blog
- B. Join another genea-bloggerâ€™s blog network on Facebook Blog Networks (http://apps.new.facebook.com/blognetworks/).
Comments are closed.