Late last fall, Family Tree Magazine requested nominations for the best genealogy blogs, and then opened voting for the nominated list.Â Yesterday, they announced the winners of the voting.Â Diane Haddad wrote about the announcement on the Genealogy Insider blog, and Maureen Taylor wrote the article that will appear in the May issue of Family Tree Magazine: “Fab Forty.”
I am very pleased and honored to announce that TGG was selected as one of the 40 Best Genealogy Blogs, in the category of genetic genealogy. I would like to thank everyone who nominated and voted for me.Â I have been very fortunate over the last few years to interact with a fascinating array of readers, and I am thankful for every one of them.
When I started blogging in February 2007 (I just recently counted my third anniversary of TGG!), there were very few blogs in the genetic genealogy space.Â Today there are a number of interesting and well-written genetic genealogy blogs.Â See my recent round-up at “10 Great Blogs for Genetic Genealogists.“Â Each of these blogs is well worth adding to your reading list.
I would also like to congratulate all the other blogs on the list, as I am truly honored to be listed among them.Â I am an avid reader of the vast majority of them, and I look forward to so much more.Â Here are few links to their own announcements:
- Best 40 Blogs: Tracing the Tribe is honored!
- Woo Hoo! Yippee! Yahoo! Hooray!
- Genea-Musings made the Top 40 Blogs list
- Could the Day Get Any Better?
- The Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs
And here is the full list of winners.Â A huge congratulations to them, as well as to all the blogs that were nominated:
- Creative Gene by Jasia Smasha
- footnoteMaven by footnoteMaven
- GeneaBloggers by Thomas MacEntee
- Genea-Musings by Randy Seaver
- The Association of Graveyard Rabbits by several authors
- Granite in My Blood by Midge Frazel
- Ancestry.com Blog by various authors
- The Genetic Genealogist by Blaine Bettinger
- George Geder by George Geder
- Scottish Genealogy News and Events by Chris Paton
- Small Leaved Shamrock by Lisa
- Steveâ€™s Genealogy Blog by Stephen Danko
- Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog by Schelly Talalay Dardashti
- Family Matters by Denise Barrett Olson
- Genealogy Guys by George G. Morgan and Drew Smith
- Genealogy Tip of the Day by Michael John Neill
- The ProGenealogists Blog by various authors
Local & Regional
- California Genealogical Society and Library Blog by Kathryn Doyle
- Sandusky History by the staff of the Sandusky (Ohio) Library Archives Research Center
- Midwestern Microhistory by Harold Henderson
News & Resources
- The Ancestry Insider by theAncestry Insider
- DearMyrtle by Pat Richley-Erickson
- Eastmanâ€™s Online Genealogy Newsletter by Dick Eastman
- GenealogyBlog by Leland Meitzler
Photos & Heirlooms
- The Family Curator by Denise Levenick
- Shades of the Departed by footnoteMaven
Personal & Family
- Ancestories: The Stories of My Ancestors by Miriam Midkiff
- Appleâ€™s Tree by anonymous
- BeNotForgot by Vickie Everhart
- Educated Genealogist by Sheri Fenley
- Gretaâ€™s Genealogy Blog by Greta Koehl
- Heritage Happens by Cheryl Fleming Palmer
- Herstoryan by Herstoryan
- Janet the Researcher by Janet Iles
- Kinexxions by Becky Wiseman
- Little Bytes of Life by Elizabeth
- Our Georgia Roots by Luckie Daniels
- WeTree by Amy Coffin
- West in New England by Bill West
- Whatâ€™s Past is Prologue by Donna Pointkouski
Congratulations Blaine! I’ve learned a lot from your blog and you really have earned your place on the Fab40 list and in the genea-blogger community.
Well done, Blaine! Your blog is a pioneer, as indicated by you owning the Genetic Genealogy Category!
Congratulations, Blaine, on this well-deserved recognition and thank you for your innovative writing.
Congratulations, Blaine !!!
Congratulations on being named one of the 2010 Family Tree Magazine 40 Best Genealogy Blogs!
Author of “13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories”
Congratulations for being included on “The List!”
Congratulations, Blaine! And thanks for linking to all all the Top 40.
I just wanted to congratulate you again for such a wonderful blog you have and for making the list, the top 40 in Family Tree Magazine. Your blog is unique and deserves many accolades!
Congratulations! Your blog was one of the first I found when I started reading up on genetic Genealogy. you present the subject in a format that is interesting and open to the beginner as well.
Comments are closed.